Breaking

Bedtime moral stories in english : The Lion and the Monkey

A lion lived in a forest. He was the king of the jungle and was very powerful. All the animals used to praise him out of fear. A wise monkey lived in the same forest. He was not afraid of the lion and did not praise the lion. This thing angered the lion a bit. Once he called the monkey and said, "All the animals in the forest admire me, don't you? Why so?'



"What should I praise you for?" the monkey asked.


"I am strong. All the animals of the forest are afraid of me." The lion replied.


"Oh king of the jungle! I consider intellect to be superior, not strength

. That's why I will not praise you just because of your strength." The monkey said


The lion was angered and there was a dispute between the two. The subject of controversy was – ' Which is better Wisdom or Strength

Power was superior in the eyes of the lion, but intelligence in the eyes of the monkey. Both had their own arguments. By giving their arguments, they started proving themselves right in front of each other.


The monkey said, "Oh King of the jungle, intellect is the best. With intellect, every task in the world is possible, no matter how difficult it may be? It is possible to solve every problem with intelligence, no matter how difficult it may be? I am intelligent and can easily get out of any trouble by using my intelligence. Please accept this."


Hearing the monkey's argument, the lion got furious and said, "Silence monkey, you are comparing intelligence to strength and saying it to be superior. Nothing can be compared to immense strength. I am strong and your intellect is nothing in front of my strength. If I want, I can use it at this very moment and take your life.


The monkey remained silent for a few moments and said, "Oh King of the jungle, I am leaving now. But I believe that intellect is superior to strength. One day I will prove this to you by saying this the monkey left.


"I'll wait for the day if you prove me wrong. I will certainly accept your point that intelligence is superior to strength. But, not until then." The lion replied.


Many days have passed since this. The monkey and the lion did not even come face to face.


One day the lion was returning to his cave after hunting in the forest. Suddenly he fell into a pit covered with leaves. He got hurt in his leg. Somehow he came out of the pit, and found a hunter standing in front of him with a gun. The lion was injured. In such a state he was unable to face the hunter.


Then suddenly stones started raining on the hunter from somewhere. The hunter panicked. Before he could understand anything, a stone fell on his head. He trembled in pain and ran away to save his life.


The lion was also amazed that who attacked the hunter with stones and who saved his life. Looking around, he was thinking that he heard the voice of a monkey sitting on a tree in front of him, "Sir, what happened to your strength today? Despite being so strong, today your life has come upon you.


Seeing the monkey, the lion asked, "How are you here?"


“Your Majesty, for many days I had an eye on that hunter. One day when I saw him digging a pit, it was understood that he was trying to hunt you. That's why I fought with a little intelligence and collected a lot of stones on this tree, so that I could use them against hunters when needed."


The monkey had saved the life of the lion. He was grateful to her. He thanked her. He also remembered the dispute between himself and the monkey. He said, "Monkey brother, today you have proved that intelligence is superior to strength. I have realized my mistake. I have understood that strength does not remain the same at all times and in every situation, but intelligence remains with us at all times and in every situation.


The monkey replied, "Oh King of the jungle ", I am glad you accepted that my intelligence saved you but there are times when intelligence seems to be useful and there are times when strength seems to be useful , we need both strength and intelligence .


Moral:  Some problems can be solved by strength and others required intelligence , so both intelligence and strength are important

No comments:

Post a Comment